Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ten years ago I wrote this...

It was my first blog post ever over at Myspace back when Myspace was a thing.

Check it out

Things were so different for me back then. I was 38 and a stay-at-home mum to kids 6, 7 and 9. I was probably 10 pounds lighter even though I worked out far less (actually, not at all) than I do today. I had no idea what the next 10 years would hold for me and my little family. Heartbreaks, deaths, sicknesses, bad stuff, cool stuff, nerd stuff, cosplay, trips, graduations, hirings, firings, new shoes... the whole gamut of human craziness.

 Ten years later, I feel glad of most of those experiences. I wish a few hadn't happened but I believe that everything that happens makes you the person you are today. Warts and all, I do like the person I am today, so I request no do-overs, thank-you very much. Let's move ahead, not back.

Speaking of ahead, let's think about the next 10 years. I'll be 58 years old. Can I just get the yikes out of the way? Yikes. My kids will all have moved out (please God) and my now old dog Wesley will be a constant reminder of the kids who never call anymore. I'll have finally retired and Scott and I will finally be able to travel. One big trip and one road trip per year. We'll see cool funky places, eat weird food and meet amazing people who'll inspire us.

Most of this (except for those ungrateful kids) sounds like such a great plan, I'm actually looking forward to the next 10 years. Bring it on, life. Do your best/worst.

kxx


No comments: