Monday, March 30, 2015

I miss the tv olden days



Remember when we watched new shows all fall and winter? It was great to have new episodes for months without a break. Then the weather would get warmer and all you wanted to do was go out and play. And thanks to the network tv gods, you could do that because there was nothing on but repeats all summer long. Amazing.

Now there are so many new shows starting and finishing whenever they want, I can't keep it straight. For instance, The Walking Dead had its season finale last night and they haven't announced when it's coming back. I miss having only a short few months to wait to see who shot JR*. And some shows are even worse.

I loved Mad Men when it started. Then after the first few seasons they took a huge, ridiculous break... something like 2 years. Even though I loved the show, and this may be showing my age, but I couldn't remember what happened when the show came back. I couldn't get back into it and I abandoned it one episode into that new season.

Twelve weeks is long enough for my feeble brain to hold on to the threads of all the shows I watch. After 2 years, I've forgotten I even watched the show in the first place. I've been known to forget what I had for breakfast** or what colour shirt I have on is*** without looking down.

Anyway, thus endeth my rant.

* it was Kristin (spoiler alert from 1980)
** a protein shake (easy but I've had one every morning for over a year)
***black (and I had to look)

kxx




No comments: