Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Back to normal

I've been sick for a while and I still have a nagging dry cough that has frequently made me lose my dignity (if you get my drift). But maybe I'll gain some abs. I'm thinking I may feel back to 100% by June. maybe July.

Here's what's been going on lately:

I loved the Oscars. I refuse to hear anything bad said about my secret (only to him) gay boyfriend NPH. He made me laugh, even when he was badgering Octavia Spencer. Watching it via Skype with Kathy in the UK was amazing as always. When I think back to the days when we'd make a 4 hour long distance phone call, I break out in hives. My favourite dress was Margo Robbie's.

I usually hate black dresses, and sleeves can be hit or miss but the jewelly, the hair and the lipstick all together...she looks absolutely stunning.
Everything else is going great. My kids are still teenagers and most days I successfully suppress the urge to abandon them at the nearest emergency room. On the days I don't, I find that grabbing my ukulele and learning a new song releases tons of stress. Right now I'm struggling through "Nothing Compares 2 U". I find it easy to play but super hard to sing. That Sinead sure has some pipes. That I don't have. Watch this space for me strangling my way through it in public in the next few weeks. More likely months.

Work is fun but so so busy. Plus the kids are constantly coughing and sneezing on me, making me feel like I'm in the world's germiest rainforest. Bright side: free tropical holiday. Check me out on Beach Day:

Watch out Margo Robbie, I'm comin' fer ya...


So that's my mini update for today. I'm actually glad that I have nothing new to report. You know the Chinese curse "May you live in interesting times"? That's so not me right now. All I do is work then flop onto the couch, try to catch up on the pile of unwatched tv shows on the PVR, while I cough and cough and try (unsuccessfully) not to pee myself. There are worse problems. Aren't there?

kxx


No comments: