Wednesday, February 4, 2015

My next masterpiece

Selma

Watched Selma today
Liked it but Whiplash still is
All we talk about

Scott and I can't seem to let Whiplash go. Selma was good. It was about Martin Luther King Jr. and about how he used Selma as a spark point to get Black people the freedom to vote without interference in the southern US. I liked it but anyone can Google the story and seeing Oprah every so often was so distracting. I kept wanting to say; "Hey look, there's Oprah!' every time she showed up. Not the best choice for her as producer.

So like I said, in the car on the way home we started to talk about the movie but once we brought up Whiplash as comparison, it was over, We talked about it all the way home. That move really stuck with us.

Our rankings so far (and remember I still really like all these movies):
1. Whiplash
2. The Grand Budapest Hotel
3. The Theory of Everything
4. Selma

kxx


No comments: