Monday, July 7, 2014

My summer jam

Okay, I'll admit it, I hate the term "jam" for a song but what can I say? I have to keep up with the hep cats of today so I don't look like a square from Nerdsville.

That sentence makes me itch.

Anyway, in normal person-speak, here is the song that I can't get enough of this summer. It reminds me of summers in the mid 80's. We went to clubs with only enough money to pay the cover charge and just danced and danced. It got so humid that stream would rise off the dance floor and condense on the windows (if there were any... why were the clubs I loved usually in basements?)

By the end of the night, all the Boy George/Madonna makeup jobs we worked so hard on ended up in wadded kleenexes on the bathroom floor. Our carefully, crispily, coiffed Flock of Seagulls hair hung in limp strands on our sweaty foreheads. And we didn't care... we just wanted to dance. It was awesome. This song brings all that back. Plus, if you notice, it looks like it was filmed all in one take. I love that.



Just googled  Kiesza and now I like her even more. She's Canadian! It cracks me up to notice that she was only born in 1989. Five years after the stuff I mentioned above. I'm so freaking old...

kxx

No comments: